Enrollment Goals are used to set and track your progress towards specific goals. Each goal can be set and tracked automatically as students progress through your funnel. Using filters, you can set goals based on Entry Term, Student Type, Ethnicity, Major, Territory, Geographic filters, or many more. Goals that are created are visible to only to the user that created it.
Creating Enrollment Goals
Use the Create Goal button to set a new Enrollment Goal. There are four required fields:
- Goal Name - Create a name that makes it easy to track and understand among your staff. This field can contain text or numbers. Example: 2025 Fall In-state Nursing Applicants
- Funnel Point - This is the funnel point you want to use for your goal, such as Inquiries, Applicants, Completed Applicants, Accepts/Admits, Deposits/Confirms, Enrolled.
- Enrollment Year - Select the Enrollment Year for your goal.
- Target - This number will be the quantity for your goal.
In addition to the four required fields, use the Add Criteria button to add other Geographic, Student, Academic, or Demographic filters. You also have the option to add the following:
- Start Date - This optional field allows you to determine when to start counting records for this goal.
- End Date - This optional field allows you to determine when to stop counting records for this goal.
For each goal you create, you can set milestones as you track your goal to completion. Each milestone can be either a percentage of the enrollment goal or volume-based. In addition, each milestone can have a specific start and end date. Here are some examples of how you would use milestones:
- Application Goal Milestones by Percentage - Your Enrollment Goal for the upcoming year is to reach 5000 Applications. You can create milestones to reach 50% of your goal by December 1 and 75% of your goal by February 1. In this example, leave the Start Date blank, use December 1 and February 1 as your End Dates, and use percentage-based targets.
- Deposit Goal Milestones by Volume - Your Enrollment Goal for the upcoming year is to reach 1250 Deposits. You can create monthly milestones of 250 deposits each month from January to May. In this example, leave the start date blank for the January milestone and use January 31 as your End Date with a volume goal of 250. Each subsequent month, you would use the first and last day of the month as your start and end dates and enter a target of 250 volume-based records for each month.
Your goals will be tracked automatically using enrollment data uploaded to Encoura. Each time you update your enrollment data, you'll see the progress toward goals updated on the Enrollment Goals page and the Enrollment Goals widget on your myEncoura Homepage.
If you have milestones, these will also be tracked automatically until the specified end date. After the end date, the data on milestones will be static, so you can continue to see if milestones were met. Milestones are greyed out once the end date is reached, but you can continue to view/edit the details.
Milestones are a color-coded indicator to show whether it was met by the end date (Green), is still in progress (Orange), or if the milestone was not met by the end date (Red).
The Enrollment Goals page also allows you to sort your goals based on the creation date or the goal name. In addition, your Enrollment Goals can easily be added to a Dashboard using the Pin to Dashboard function.
If you have a long list of goals and want an easy way to filter out the most important goals, simply click the star icon to make a goal a favorite. You can then use the Favorite filter to only display your favorites. This options is ideal when showing specific goals on a custom dashboard.
Editing Enrollment Goals
Once goals are created, they can easily be edited, duplicated, or deleted.
Edit - This allows you to update any of the details of your goal, including the Goal Name, Target, or any of the filters used.
Duplicate - This allows you to create a duplicate version of an existing goal, which allows you to create a new goal with minor edits quickly.
Delete - This allows you to delete a no longer needed goal.
Once Milestones are created, they can easily be edited or deleted.
Edit - This allows you to update any of the details of your milestone, including the start and end dates, Target, or method (Volume or Percentage).
Delete - This allows you to delete a milestone that is no longer needed.