In Prospect Search you can use and layer filters to build searches that meet your institution’s go-to-market strategy. Below is a brief explanation of each filter and how it can be used:
- Enrollment Predictor - The Enrollment Predictor is available for institutions utilizing the Enrollment Lens app to enable the SMART+ Predictive Enrollment Model. Every student in the Encoura Data Cloud is scored on their likelihood to enroll at your institution. Use the slider to search students within a specific score range. The closer the score is to one, the more likely that student is to enroll.
- Acquired - Acquired is a yes or no filter that indicates if you would like to include students you’ve acquired from previous searches. Check “yes” to include students who may have been captured in previous searches. Check "no" to search for all new students.
- Graduation Year - Search students based on their graduation year.
- GPA - Search students based on their GPA.
- Test Score - Search students based on their ACT score range or the SAT concordant range.
- ACT - Students who have taken the ACT are searchable by score range. The minimum range is "3" scores. If you’re new to using ACT scores, you can see the comparable SAT Score for reference directly from the Class Planner app.
- PreACT - Students who have taken the PreACT are searchable by score range. Our researchers have found that final ACT Scores were typically up to 3 points higher than PreACT Scores. Because of this we recommend building searches with PreACT Scores up to three points lower than your ACT admittance requirements.
- None - Includes students without test scores
- Gender - Search students by gender. We’ve included two new options for students to select in this field for the 2019-2020 school year. You can view them here.
- Ethnicity - Search students by ethnicity to support diversity efforts on campus. To focus on a specific group, check those you would like to include specifically.
- Career & Academic Interest - We’ve simplified major responses to be more consistent with student behavior by grouping them into categories of Career and Academic Interests. To find students interested in specific programs or programs closely related to the ones you offer, check the appropriate Career and Academic Interest.
- Specialized Colleges - Specialized Colleges is used to identify students with interests in colleges with a specialized focus, like Art/Design, Culinary School, or Military Academies. Students self identify these interests, so they may select multiple or none if they are open to different types of institutions.
- State - Search by state
- County - Search by county
- Zip Code - Search by zip code
- Geomarket - Geomarkets are geographic areas used to categorize external organizations and people into market codes.
- SCF - Sectional Center Facility ; A processing and distribution center of the United State Postal Service. It is often used when defining mailable areas for direct mail campaigns.
ProTip: You can skip manually selecting zip codes or other geofilters by uploading a list of the zip codes in your go-to-market plan. Simply click the upload button next to ZIP at the top of the results map. The Upload or Enter Geo Filter Criteria window will appear. You can upload your file and choose to include or exclude those zip codes, SCFs or Counties. You can also download a zip code template file if needed.
- Contact Methods - Allows you to search for students who have provided email addresses. All students are included by default, but an institution may select to search specifically for students who have provided an email address.
- Interest in Religious College - Faith-based institutions often use this filter to identify students who have reported an interest in attending a college of their faith. To search, check the faith or faiths your institution is most closely affiliated with.
- College Type - Allows institutions to search for students with particular interest in private institutions, public institutions, community colleges or technical schools. All types of colleges are included by default.
- Varsity Sports - Search students playing specific varsity sports. Select a single sport, or select multiple to find students in either of the sports selected.
- Activities - Search students in specific activities, or who have an interest in specific activities that align with your programs.
- High School Course Tracks - Find students having taken advanced coursework, dual credit hours, or career and technical courses using this filter.