Members are able to automate the download of Prospect files built in the Class Planner app via secure file transfer. The primary way to access the ACT | NRCCUA file transfer site is via an FTP client. Any standards-compliant FTP client can be used. We suggest using a popular (and free) FTP client, such as FileZilla.
Note: ACT Score Reports are not able to be downloaded via SFTP. Please refer to our API documentation to automate the download of these files.
- Visit https://filezilla-project.org, and download the FileZilla Client for all platforms
- Select your edition
- Once the download is complete, install the application
- Open the application and click the Site Manager icon in the upper-left corner
- In the Site Manager, click “New site”
- Name the site. As an example, we will use NRCCUA
- Fill in the info as shown with your own username and password. If you would like to run a test, you can use the example account shown. The password for the example account is “theking”
- A dialog box may appear with the message “Unknown host key”, check the box and click “OK”
- FileZilla will connect and provide the file listing as shown below. Select the files you want to download, and you’re all set!
If your organization is not able to use and FTP client, ACT | NRCCUA offers a Web client option for secure file transfer. However, we do not recommend this option to organizations frequently downloading files or downloading many files. An FTP client would provide a better experience, as the Web client would operate much slower.