To Export a File
Important Notice: Data Privacy Best Practices for Exporting Files from the Data Center App
All members requiring access to export files from Data Center must have their own login credentials. Logins and passwords should not be shared with team members or any other third party vendor. Nor should institutions intend to distribute files via email, as this is a security risk. To learn how to create a new login for a team member, click here. Agency partners can request access to securely export your search files via FTP by emailing email@example.com or calling (800)862-7759.
When a file is ready for download, it file will appear under the Export Files tab.
ProTip: You can set up email notifications to alert when new files are ready for export from your account settings.
- Click Export to select a single file to download. The button will appear green the first time a file is ready for export, and it will appear blue thereafter. You can export a file as many times as you would like for up to 12 months.
- The Export Options window will appear to allow you to export the file directly to your computer. Prospect files also have to option to be downloaded to a pre-determined folder automatically. More information about automating files can be found below.
- You can view samples of the Encoura Standard Export layout in our Help Center Documentation.
- Click Export when ready to receive the file. This may take a few minutes for larger files.
- NOTE: Once exported, we do not recommend saving the file as an .xls or .xlxs document as this file type automatically removes leading zeros from values such as birthdates. As an example, a birthdate reading 08/10/02 would incorrectly read 8/10/02, which may cause issues when attempting to upload files to your CRM.
- AOS file exports have the option of using the Legacy Encoura layout until October 2021. Information and samples are available here.
Automating File Downloads
We will continue to support automated downloads for everyone via FTP or APIs. To set this up for your institution or group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For prospect searches built in Class Planner, you can visit our documentation about how to enable secure file transfer, here.
Information about automating the download of ACT Score Reports via the Encoura API can be found here. Please note, prospect searches are not able to be downloaded via the Encoura API at this time.